Steve;

You need to brush up on your REXX.

- TSO is the default ADDRESSing environment, in most cases.  Adding or
removing ADDRESS TSO will not make any difference.

- The -3 you are getting means there is no such command found.  The manual
clearly states that LISTDSI is a built-in function under z/OS and whether
or not it will run outside A TSO environment.  You must invoke it
correctly.  It is not a command.

- STEPLIB will not help, ever.  You are barking up the wrong tree, in the
wrong forest, on the wrong continent.

- The syntax you are using is for a host command.  That is incorrect.  You
want to invoke LISTDSI in an expression as a function or using the REXX
CALL instruction..

- Blank(s) are not allowed between a function name and the left parentheses
of the argument list.  So you are still not invoking LISTDSI correctly.

- However, just removing the blank will not work either.  TSO will get only
the return code from LISTDSI, which is also not a valid command.  You might
get your variables set, but TSO will still complain.

Please see also my previous response.

The great thing about REXX is that it's a small, intuitive, flexible
language in which you can do 99 percent of what all other procedural
languages can do, combined, and much, much more..  Unfortunately, this
means that too many people think they know what they are doing, when they
don't.

I hope this helps