The SDSF "TranAct" column is based entirely on the R791TTOD field returned by
ERBSMFI (which in turn is based on OUCBTMO).

This 32-bit value contains the number of milliseconds since the "last
transaction".

The meaning of "last transaction" varies with the workload, so for some address
spaces in might reflect the initial program execution and could be used to
estimate its "up-time".

For TSO users, the "last transaction" will be updated each time ENTER is
pressed and it is entirely possible that other workloads , for example z/OS
Unix, have methods to inform WLM to update OUCBTMO.

Note that R791TMO can only hold x'FFFFFFFF', so for systems that have not been
IPLed for many months this figure is either going to wrap or stay static  (I am
not sure which happens).

(For what it is worth, when SDSF detects that a job has been active for more
than x'FFFFFFFF' milliseconds, then we show zeroes for the TRANACT and TRANRES
columns)

Note that SDSF "DA" now has the "Start Date" column in z/OS 2.5 to aid users
trying to work out the up-time of the ASIDs.

Rob Scott
Rocket Software