My advice is to abandon the horrible Web Enablement services and build a good C JSON parser like json-c. Even better if you can ditch C and use C++ because then you have some very nice options.

https://github.com/json-c/json-c
https://github.com/nlohmann/json

On 13/3/23 18:07, Robin Atwood wrote:
Yes, we are linking in HWTJCSS. It only contains 18 entry points for the 31 bit
routines, AFAICT.

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Colin Paice
Sent: Monday, March 13, 2023 4:16 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Amode 64 JSON library?

Are you using
Linkage stub method
<https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/zos/2.5.0?topic=parser-syntax-linkage-programming-considerations>(Recommended)
Use the linkable stub routine HWTJCSS from SYS1.CSSLIB to link edit yourobject
code.
<https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/zos/2.5.0?topic=parser-syntax-linkage-programming-considerations>
Colin

On Mon, 13 Mar 2023 at 08:55, Robin Atwood <abend...@gmail.com> wrote:

I am investigating the implications of converting a large body of C
code to
64 bit. Compiling with LP64 seems
straightforward, the problems are at the binder step. I am currently
getting IEW2469E Reason 3:

"Either the reference or the target is in amode 64 and the amodes do
not match."

This I was expecting; what I wasn't expecting is an apparent lack of
64 bit entry points for the JSON routines. The IBM doc

https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/zos/2.5.0?topic=parser-syntax-linkage-prog
rammin
g-considerations
<https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/zos/2.5.0?topic=parser-syntax-linkage-pro
gramming-considerations> makes no mention of 64 bit calls. I have
searched, examined header files, looked at samples, but have found no
clue.
Am I missing something incredibly obvious or do I have to code stub
routines myself to convert the parameter lists?
Has anyone else encountered this?

TIA
Robin

email to lists...@listserv.ua.edu with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN