Chris,

Sorry Sorry Sorry

me culpa

>> However when I ran a version of the program using BAKR and PR, the program abended with S0E0 Reason=30

Which means:  "A stacking instruction was issued when the linkage stack was
full."

Could it be that you are using as BAKR as I wrote it an not as I ment it?

Correct is BAKR 14,0

I wrote BAKR 0,14???

The wrong version stacks the registers (and more, see POP)

stores the return adress as specified with op1 (current PSW if 0)

and then branches to operand 2 (no branch if 0)

Result of my wrong code is a BAKR at entry - routine never executed- and continuation at the value in R14.

Best

Martin