From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] on behalf of
Dave Jousma [000001a0403c5dc1-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu]
Sent: Friday, March 17, 2023 9:35 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Git, and other Open Tools, Alternative for z/OS

On Tue, 14 Mar 2023 09:09:11 -0500, Lionel B. Dyck <lbd...@gmail.com> wrote:

>You no longer need to get the open tools for z/OS from Rocket Software -
>there is a new player in town - the z/OS Open Tools project.

Lionel,  As others have pointed out, the backend support is really the issue,
not the quality of what this project is doing.   As a real life example, we
have Rocket GIT client for our DEVOPS pipelines on the mainframe.   We get our
support through IBM for it.   GIT V2.26.78 is working fine, but the 2
subsequent ports, 2.26.84 and 2.26.87 have problems with code-page translation
with Jenkins jobs.  the -87 port was supposed to have fixed the code-page
problems introduced in -84, but didnt.  I have open case at this moment on
that.   I, nor my team have the time to chase this down ourselves via community
forum where everyone is looking for answers, but when there is a real problem,
its crickets.