That sounds like they are greylisting your provider.

--
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
http://mason.gmu.edu/~smetz3

From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] on behalf of
Charles Mills [charl...@mcn.org]
Sent: Tuesday, March 21, 2023 3:47 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Exact AT-TLS parms for SMP/E Download

> Genuinely curious, why aren't you using HTTPS?

To be honest, I am not actually downloading PTFs. I am trying to figure how how
to demo some concepts for a class.

> here's the general doc about configuring the FTP client to use AT-TLS

I'm on top of that. I have successfully configured AT-TLS and FTP in another
situation. I'm on top of the FTP.DATA statements (which, FWIW, IBM documents
perfectly relative to SMP/E).

(And apologies for kinda-quoting in this and other posts. For some reason
IBM-MAIN has started rejecting mail from my ISP (not a blacklist thing in my
reading; the HELO just times out about 80-90% of the time). So I am posting
from the LISTSERV Web interface. Is there any way to quote there, other than
cut-and-paste?)

Charles