On Thu, 30 Mar 2023 18:55:17 +0000, rpinion865 <rpinion...@protonmail.com>
wrote:

>If you installed the zOSMF certificates from the IZUSEC member of
>SYS1.SAMPLIB, you might want to check the certificate expiration date. Ours
>was set to May 17, 2023. We've deleted and regenerated the certificate with a
>much later date. Hopefully, past my retirement date.

Yeah, I  just had to work with the security team to renew them in 9 sysplexes
in February. Fun!!

I happen to have had an open case with IBM about disabling ciphers that my
clients security scanner complained about in the middle of this activity and I
did let them know the samples should be updated.  Even in z/OS 2.5 it is the
same.  If someone was just implementing z/OSMF under z/OS 2.5 the and used the
samples without paying attention to those dates,  they'd already be expiring.
I implemented z/OSMF in 2018 under z/OS 2.3 based on the samples so at least we
had 5 years.    We put the new expiration 10 years out.

Regards,

Mark
ITIL v3 Foundation Certified
mailto:m...@mzelden.com