From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Crusty Old Guy
Sent: Friday, April 7, 2023 11:28 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: U4038 - IGZ0099C Internal error CLOSE-FIB was detected in module
IGZ@QSAM.

I have a program that abends with a U4038 on file close.  This only happens
when a specific record is on an input file.  No record, no problem.
This is from the dump -
IGZ0099C Internal error CLOSE-FIB was detected in module IGZ@QSAM.
From compile unit XXXXXXXX at entry point XXXXXXXX at compile unit offset
+00000B5A at entry offset +00000B5A at address 00007B5A.
 <> LEAID LEAID001I UNRECOGNIZED CEEMGET FEEDBACK CODE:
x000301C259C3C5C500000021

U4038 is usually associated with record or storage size. Is that correct?
How can one record alter the size of a storage or record size?

Regards,
COG