-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Pommier, Rex
Sent: Monday, April 10, 2023 11:13

Here's a different take on AI taking over and wiping out humanity.  Last month
an AI chatbox allegedly convinced a Belgian man to commit suicide after
convincing him that if he "sacrificed himself", the chatbox could save mankind
from climate change.  Obviously the guy had other issues but somebody
programmed the AI to respond in such a way to him.

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo

My first and last post on this discussion.