From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of
Paul Gilmartin <0000042bfe9c879d-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu>
Sent: April 20, 2023 12:43 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>
Subject: Re: Rexx Exec to Build 10,000 PDS Members: ALLOC vs ISPF Services vs ?

On Thu, 20 Apr 2023 09:18:27 -0500, Wendell Lovewell wrote:

>I don't know about the logic required to create a member -- Kolusu might have
>the  best idea.  But creating one long sequential file with all the members
>and using IEBUPDTE is pretty simple:

Doesn't IEBUPDTE impose some archaic restrictions on RECFM and LRECL?

>./        ADD   NAME=BLUE1

Suppose the target PDS is a library of JCL job streams containing an IEBUPDTE
job step with an instream SYSIN.  Is there a way  to protect/quote/escape
IEBUPDTE
command images in that embedded SYSIN so they are not interpreted as commands
by the PDS creation process?

--
gil