It's simple, but, IMHO, pointless. At the beginning of the macro, you test the
current environment. If it's not ISREDIT, then call EDIT with an initial macro.

From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of
Billy Ashton <bill00ash...@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, April 21, 2023 10:57 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Edit commands without a macro?

Hey Rexxers, I suspect that this is simple, but my old, feeble brain
can't find the answer.

Is it possible to use a Rexx program to edit a file (maybe a PDS member,
maybe a flat file, shouldn't care) and to issue ISREDIT commands there,
but not by using a separate macro? IOW, I want to have a single program
that I can pass a file as a parm, and then this Rexx program edits the
file, does some commands to find things and maybe change things, saves
the file, displays some other stuff, and then ends.

Is there a way to do this Edit stuff without a separate macro?

Thank you and best regards,
Billy Ashton