I happened to come across a PDF document from the 2020 NY Tampa Bay RUG titled
Protecting SPOOL with pervasive encryption and other recent JES2 security
changes.

Stepping away from the encryption part, I found a section concerning JES2
compression of output, via the OUTCLASS paramter, using zEDC. The document
states that JES2 can use the zEDC compression engine on the z15 with no
software charge. I know that using zEDC compression for SMS managed datasets
does require licensing zEDC Express software feature.

Am I understanding that correctly, that JES2 will use zEDC and we don't have to
pay anything extra for that?

Sent with [Proton Mail](https://proton.me/) secure email.