On Thu, Apr 27, 2023 at 07:58:23PM +0700, Robin Atwood wrote:
> I have had two of these during the course of two months, so it's getting
> serious!
>
> The abend happens in my implementation of a C strupr() function when the TRE
> instruction is executed:
>
> TST  TRE   R2,R1              fold string
>
> R0       R1       R2       R3        PSW
>
> 00000000 0009C5EC 1AA748F8 7FFFFFFF  078D04008009BD14

from principles of operation TRE:

  Access exceptions for the portion of the first operand to the right of
  the last byte processed may or may not be recognized. For an operand
  longer than 4K bytes, access exceptions are not recognized for locations
  more than 4K bytes beyond the last byte processed.

  Access exceptions for all 256 bytes of the second operand may be
  recognized, even if not all bytes are used.

The first operand is > 4K bytes, R2 is 1AA748F8, what's the status of
the next page?

R1 looks ok as the 2nd operand only needs to clear 256 bytes.