What was the release date on that?
________________________________
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of
Charles Mills <charl...@mcn.org>
Sent: Sunday, May 21, 2023 1:46 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU>
Subject: Re: LENGTH OF in COBOL (was: ISPF HILITE Question)

VS COBOL II Release 4 -- change bars on the doc:

x LENGTH OF Special Register
x     The LENGTH OF special register contains the number of bytes used by an
x     identifier.

x     LENGTH OF creates an implicit special register whose content is equal
x     to the current byte length of the data item referenced by the
x     identifier.

x     Note:  For DBCS data items, each character occupies 2 bytes of
x     storage.

... and more

Charles