25  There is a space management request on an SMS-managed volume with DBA or
DBU specified, or a nonzero value of days on

       MIGRATE (days) or DAYS (days) is specified on a MIGRATE command.

>From the DFHSM STORAGE ADMIN manual, the following combinations of parameters
>are allowed:

Summary of parameters

The following table is a summary of the combination of parameters you can

specify with the MIGRATE command. Specifying other combinations of parameters

results in either an error message or one or more of the parameters being
ignored.

Parameter Related Parameters

CONVERT                            VOLUME (MIGRATE)

DATASETNAME                 CONVERT

MIGRATIONLEVEL1

MIGRATIONLEVEL2

DAYS                                     MIGRATIONLEVEL1

VOLUME (MIGRATE)

MIGRATIONLEVEL1         DAYS

TERMINAL

MIGRATIONLEVEL2         DATASETNAME

VOLUME                              CONVERT

TERMINAL

I think the issue here is the DBA or DBU attribute.

If this is to be an ongoing process I would work on resolving the DBA/DBU issue,

otherwise, IMO, it would be far easier to edit a vtoc list to generate hsm
migrate dataset commands.

e.g. HSEND MIGRATE DSN(datasetname)

Reference:

z/OS V1R13.0 DFSMShsm Storage
Administration<http://publibz.boulder.ibm.com/cgi-bin/bookmgr_OS390/download/DGT2S6A2.pdf?DT=20120814235256&XKS=dgt2bkb2>

HTH,

 <snip>

I am trying to migrate a ML0 volume however I am encountering some difficulty.

I issued the command HSEND MIGRATE VOLUME(SYC103) DAYS(2)

I received the following error message :

ARC0570I COMMAND MIGRATION FOR SYC103 VOLUME(S) TERMINATED, RC=25 REASON=0

I even tried HSEND MIGRATE VOLUME(SYC103 MIGRATE(2)) and I get the same result

ARC0570I COMMAND MIGRATION FOR SYC103 VOLUME(S) TERMINATED, RC=25 REASON=0

According to the explanation of the error message it suggests that I add the
parm CONVERT.  I am unsure what the CONVERTparm would do.

I tried HSEND MIGRATE VOLUME(DCSS04) MIGRATE(0))  on a less critical volume and
it worked.  However I don't want to migrate all the dsns jfrom SYSC103, just
those that are over 2 days old.

</snip>