One place I did this by design was when I was decommisioning DASD.  I
would use 1 job of ICKDSF TRKFMT per logical volume and 1 name for
each physical array in the box.  When they wanted me to rush, I would
do 2 names for each physical array, but the thrashing would slow each
job.  The two jobs would finish in about 75% of running two in
sequence.  Starting a 3rd name lead to so much thrashing we go very
little decrease in time so I stopped those after 1 night.

So running 1 jobname at a time allowed the queing of jobs to kick off
over a couple of weeks as other jobs completed.

--
Mike A Schwab, Springfield IL USA