On 5/6/2023 7:42 pm, kekronbekron wrote:
porting RocksDB
Is zOS support upstreamed too, by any chance?

The likelihood of the Meta maintainers accepting a z/OS patch PR is extremely low. Due to z/OS being a niche platform, maintainers tend to be hesitant in accepting patches unless they are supported by organizations such as IBM (in the case of Node.js) with a commitment to support the port. A notable example is the Perl community, which faced significant challenges when removing EBCDIC support after the original porters (IBM) lost interest. As a result, it is more commonplace to maintain a separate patch file for z/OS-specific modifications.

- KB