Greetings!

  Does anyone know if there are people/applications using checkpoint/restart in
COBOL applications?  The doc only shows it is usable in programs that use SORT,
I have not heard of customers doing this in years, but someone in IBMMAIN would
know better than me!  The reason for the question is that IBM is considering
removing that capability from z/OS and we are wondering how much of an impact,
if any, this would be on COBOL applications?  (Actually PL/I also, but I work
in COBOL so kind of focused on that :-)

Cheers,
TomR              >> COBOL is the Language of the Future! <<