From: "Jim Mulder" <d10j...@us.ibm.com>
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Sent: Thursday, May 2, 2013 4:28:29 PM
Subject: Re: GTF IHL007I  Terminating on Error

> Cool !
>
> We are trying to start a GTF trace for DB2 started tasks that are
> already running.
> They end with AHL007I... RC=8.
> Parms are TRACE=USRP,USR=(FB9),END.
> When we add JOBNAMEP and the started task names - they fail the same
way.
> Except - we can start GTF for any jobname that's not running on a
> particular LPAR.
> Back to believing the GTF has to start before the target of the trace.

  The only thing GTF initialization does with the jobnames you
specify is to put them into an array which is subsequently used
buy the filtering routine.  There is no check to see if the jobs
are running. (at least, not in the GTF code as provided by IBM -
I don't know if there are any ISV products which hook into GTF).

  If the SYSLOG and logrec don't show anything useful, the next
thing I would suggest is

SLIP SET,A=SVCD,MSGID=AHL007I,ID=GTF,ML=1,END

 and send in the dump via your PMR so I can look at it.

Jim Mulder   z/OS System Test   IBM Corp.  Poughkeepsie,  NY