Thanks so much to everyone who replied. I have gotten some positive responses internally here, and we are going to look at retooling some of our jobs after we do some testing to be sure we don't hurt anything. Who knows, we might even get some performance gains by letting the system take defaults.

Have a good evening, and a happy Independence Day to the US folks!

Thank you and best regards,
Billy Ashton