Sorry, I have to apologize ...
the error is NOT a GENMOD problem,
instead the message is written by XRUNPARM itself, when it tries to load the GENMODed Pascal program ... I should have looked there first. Didn't remember that XRUNPARM does such a BADSIZE check,
because it worked for decades, and I never saw such a message.

There must have been some changes in z/VM, compared to prior versions, which invalidate the size
computations of XRUNPARM, see this logic:

        MVC   PROGNAME,PLSTPROG    OBTAIN PROGRAM NAME
        MVC   MODNAME,PROGNAME     INSERT PROGRAM NAME IN FSCB
        FSSTATE FSCB=MODFSCB,ERROR=NOMODULE ENSURE PROGRAM EXISTS
        USING FSTD,R1
        MVC   MODMODE,FSTFMODE     SET FILE MODE
        DROP  R1
        FSREAD FSCB=MODFSCB,ERROR=BADMOD    READ MODULE DESCRIPTOR
        FSCLOSE FSCB=MODFSCB       CLOSE MODULE FILE
        LA    R5,MODESCR           POINT TO MODULE DESCRIPTOR
        USING STRTADDR,R5
        LA    R0,ENDRUN            POINT TO END OF INTERFACE
        C     R0,FRSTLOC           DOES MODULE OVERLAY INTERFACE ?
        BH    BADORG               YES
        L     R2,LASTLOC           OBTAIN LAST LOCATION ADDRESS
        S     R2,FREELOWE          WILL MODULE FIT IN STORAGE ?
        BP    BADSIZE              YES

I will have to examine this and try to find out what's wrong with this in modern z/VM.

Sorry again, have a nice day.

Bernd