From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of
Robert Prins
Sent: Friday, August 4, 2023 10:54 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Accessing JCL SETs in Rexx

In essence, I've not used this since about forever, but when we, as in I,

decided we needed to start using parametrized procs at Willis around the

Y2K  time, and people were frustrated by not being able to see the wood

from the trees, I very quickly knocked up the code below, I have no clue if

it's still working, but we used it in SDSF on the JCL of TYPRUN=SCAN

submitted jobs, to get rid of all the IEF653I messages. Feel free to play

around with it, if you see to improve it, please share your code, and if

you don't like GPL'ed code, though!

Robert

<Code snipped>

And yes, it requires, IIRC, nice parameters on procs and the invocation of

procs and on set statements, so one per line. And no, it was a Q&D hack, so

error-checking is non-existent, expect to invoke it lots of times after

uncommenting the "trace ?r" or by preceding it with "EXECUTIL TS"

Enjoy,

Robert

On Fri, 4 Aug 2023 at 11:04, Seymour J Metz
<sme...@gmu.edu<mailto:sme...@gmu.edu>> wrote:

> Back in the bad old days, IBM showed the expansion immediately after the

> JCL. Alas, in MVS they chose to show it as a message in a separate JES

> dataset. Have they moved IEF653I to be inline since then?

> --

attachments from your system.