Choir here. Maybe you should explain this to IBM marketing and "C" level management?  To bad they aren't A level managers. ;-)

Just say'n'.

Steve Thompson

On 8/6/2023 10:57 PM, Jon Perryman wrote:
  > On Saturday, August 5, 2023 at 06:36:52 AM PDT, Radoslaw Skorupka wrote:
There is NO DEFINITION.Of course there is a definition otherwise it's
jabberwocky. Not one person is willing to accept the actual definition as given
in all dictionaries: a large computer shared by many people. My point is that
today, every computer used as a server is a mainframe. System z has fallen to
the ranks of a server and mainframe should not be used.
Everyone may use it's own imagination.
Made up definitions are either jabberwocky or slang.

Of course some definition may be less popular than other.
So you are saying everyone's definition is correct as long as that person knows
what it means.

IMHO, The most commonly used definition
NOWADAYS is: IBM System Z.

Common use of a word doesn't mean people use it correctly. My point is that everyone is
using "mainframe" incorrectly. Either System z is a server or all servers are
mainframes. Either change the definition or people should use it correctly.