-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> On Behalf Of Jon
Perryman
Sent: Sunday, August 6, 2023 22:58

> --- On Saturday, August 5, 2023 at 06:36:52 AM PDT, Radoslaw Skorupka wrote:
> There is NO DEFINITION.Of course there is a definition otherwise it's
> jabberwocky. Not one person is willing to accept the actual definition as
> given in all dictionaries: a large computer shared by many people. My point
> is that today, every computer used as a server is a mainframe. System z has
> fallen to the ranks of a server and mainframe should not be used.

> Everyone may use it's own imagination.
Made up definitions are either jabberwocky or slang.

> Of course some definition may be less popular than other.
So you are saying everyone's definition is correct as long as that person knows
what it means.

> IMHO, The most commonly used definition NOWADAYS is: IBM System Z.

Common use of a word doesn't mean people use it correctly. My point is that
everyone is using "mainframe" incorrectly. Either System z is a server or all
servers are mainframes. Either change the definition or people should use it
correctly.