On Tue, 22 Aug 2023, at 17:44, Rupert Reynolds wrote:

> Store the panel somewhere in the ISPPLIB allocation, or add your own panel
> library (I forget the name of the service to do that).

  LIBDEF ?

I never tried "being clever" but I wonder if one could dynamically write a panel
definition into a temporary PDS that's been libdeffed, then use the DISPLAY
command to pick up & use that panel definition?

If that doesn't work (maybe ispf caches the panel PDS's directory?) then one
could presumably do it with

  - allocate a temp pds
  - write a single panel definition member to it
  - libdef that temp pds (by ddname)
  - display
  - undo the libdef
  - delete the temp pds