Do you have an online image of the caed? URL?

--
Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
http://mason.gmu.edu/~smetz3

From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] on behalf of
Brian Westerman [brian_wester...@syzygyinc.com]
Sent: Saturday, August 26, 2023 5:33 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: "XYZZY"?

Some people say Syz-R-gy.  Actually mostly people from the East coast do that.
On the west cost they typically call us "SYN-R-GY'.  Once they hear me say it a
couple times, they tend to at least get a little closer.

We used to have a little pronunciation area on our cards just after the big red
and black SYZYGY, but thankfully they stopped doing that when we went to the
light up and then the current (sort of) 3-D hologram cards.  It's actually kind
of funny because the background of the cards is an old fashion system dump that
has the hex characters that spell out 'If you used Syzygy, this dump would
never have happened'.  Most people look at the right hand side of the dump and
think that the hex characters on the left are being spelled out as something
completely different than it actually states.

Only one person has caught the discrepancy, and I think he was drunk at that
time.

Brian