>> Is this the behavior generally known in IT as a "stable" sort?  I find no
>> mention of stable sort in the DFSORT  documentation.

Gil,

Yes, EQUALS parm which keeps the dup keys in the order and what some call it as
"stable" sort.  DFSORT documentation does not have the same "stable"
definition, but essentially the same functionality.

>> FYI, I searched the Syncsort programmer's manual and it doesn't mention
>> "stable sort" either.  :-)

Rex,

Thanks for the confirmation about the competitor product. Much appreciated.

Thanks,
Kolusu
DFSORT Development
IBM Corporation