Well, it depends. My #ENTER allocates a large stack area for all parms and save areas used within the macro set (and associated programs). That way each subprogram doesn't have to do it's own getmain and chaining. The plan was to be able to code ASM with some of the ease of C coding, especially around string processing which can be pretty difficult in ASM.