Hi Bill,
You said: "... because it used less resources ..."
Shmegegge, you should've said "fewer". That is the correct usage.
For a guy who knows so much about about a multitude of topics, it behooves you to write more correctly.
It might even increase your credibility.

Regards,
David

On 2023-09-07 16:05, Bill Johnson wrote:
We used to use ROSCOE at a small shop in the 80’s because it used less
resources. I hated it.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone

On Thursday, September 7, 2023, 3:56 PM, Leonard D Woren
<ibm-main...@ldworen.net> wrote:

What was the first OS that you had a 2 MB TSO region?  What hardware.

MVT TSO on the 4 MB 360/91 at UCLA was about 3/4 MB .  There was a lot
you could do, although it was slow.  I did experiment with overlay
modules though.  Bleah.

The reason you could do a lot in 3/4 MB is that it was done in
efficient languages, like Assembler.  None of these modern bloatware
languages that make every app on my phone 32 MB minimum, and often up
to 500 MB.

/Leonard