On Fri, 8 Sept 2023 at 14:40, Steve Thompson <ste...@wkyr.net> wrote:

>  From the recruiters I get contacting me, the end client, who
> ever that may be, wants someone to reverse engineer the ALC code
> they have into COBOL (uh how about the euphemism, modernize?).
[...]
> Then they want to pay ~$50/hr w2 for that expertise.

I assume w2 is something related to US income tax or employee vs
contractor status...?

But given that none of us old-timers is likely to do that work for
less than twice that wage (and maybe quite a bit more), who are these
recruiters actually getting to do it? Or is it just not getting done?

Tony H.