From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of Jon
Perryman <jperr...@pacbell.net>
Sent: Tuesday, October 3, 2023 10:19 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: SCHEDIRB

On Mon, 2 Oct 2023 16:18:24 -0400, Joseph Reichman <reichman...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>Do suggest when scheduling an Async IRB I have a Wait/Post

I only know the basics about IRB because none of the products I've worked on
use it. Is async for the address space or for the TCB? In other words, does the
SCHEDIRB wait for IRB completion? The doc only mentions the TCB so I've always
assumed only the TCB running the IRB. It wouldn't take much to test it but I
wouldn't trust until 100% sure the address space waits on the IRB completion.