On Thu, 12 Oct 2023 14:22:16 GMT, esst...@juno.com <esst...@juno.com> wrote:

>Hello,.Looking at the IEFSSI REQUEST=QUERY - It is recommended to Free the
>WorkArea when he request completes -.
>Is it safe (as in a good practice) to always release the workarea
>when the WORKAREA address returned is non-zero. ?

If the doc tells you to free something upon return, then you need to free it
but the real question is whether it was ever allocated. Unless the doc tells me
the conditions when to free it, my approach has always been to clear the
pointer prior to the call and then check for non-0 upon return. Clearing it is
probably overkill but better safe than sorry.