On Thu, 12 Oct 2023 20:26:56 +0000, Joseph Reichman <reichman...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>I just want to initialize with an assembler exit everything I would need to
>debug the data with Rexx exec

Dump analysis is very subjective and is different for each person /
environment. Assembler, REXX or both can be used. For me, it was both. Decide
what you need for debugging.

For instance, I dealt with multiple address spaces and a product address space
involving many IBM facilities including TSO. You might have the complexity with
hundreds of control blocks.

I suggest you build something simple first so that you can get familiar with
IPCS concepts. For my situation, I used IPCS EQUATE to give me quick and easy
access to important tasks and address spaces. Maybe have a REXX that creates
equates for each save area and display a list of your callers with their work
areas. If you have a lot of TCB, then list the TCBTIMEs to find out who is
using too much CPU. There are a lot of possibilities.

We can't give you everything you need because there is no such thing. Find
someone in a similar situation and find out what they feel is important for
their debugging.