On Sun, 15 Oct 2023 09:11:18 -0400, Joseph Reichman <reichman...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>I was trying to chain the SSCT in my SVC DUMP in my verbx exit
> when trying to access storage for jesssct I got a not found
> Is the information for what’s in the dump in the RTCT

You could easily answer these questions for yourself using CBFORMAT and IBM's
CB docs. You need to learn basic IPCS commands before writing IPCS REXX or IPCS
exit assembler programs. If you can't do this by hand, then you don't
understand the concepts needed for REXX or assembler. You're dealing with
return codes and suppressed messages. At a minimum, get comfortable with CBF
and LIST because they will answer the questions you asked.

It's unclear what you mean by "not found". VERBEXIT implies your assembler
program. Is "not found" a partial message in the IPCS log or did you look up an
IPCS exit service return code that says, "not found"?

As for determining storage dumped using RTCT, I've never used it because there
are much simpler solutions. For instance, SSCT's will always exists and "not
found" means you coded something wrong or the storage was not dumped. If I
remember correctly, dumping CSA for SVC dumps was not the default (at least
where I worked).