On Fri, 20 Oct 2023 20:25:31 -0500, Jon Perryman wrote:

>The most obvious answer is incompatible entry point types. Language
>Environment entry points require LE initialization whereas no pre-processing
>is required for an assembler entry point.

Long ago (when "any" meant just one of two), I had a similar question about
AMODE.
I could have readily envisioned a module with ENTRYs of various AMODEs which
contained suitable bridge code.  Alas, AMODE applied to an entire CSECT, not to
individual ENTRY points.  Of course such a module would be RMODE 24.

--
gil