Dear List,

"z/OS Licensed Program Specifications" includes a section permitting you to redistribute modules from CEE.SCEELKED (among many other libraries) which have been included your programs.

This is not a surprise as I had always believed this to be allowed. What is a surprise is that this permission first appears in z/OS Licensed Program Specifications with z/OS 2.3 in September 2017. Prior to that, permission was (and still is) in the notices at the end of "LE Vendor Interfaces".

My research also uncovered a change in the IMS Licensed Program Specifications at around the same time. I couldn't find the CICS Licensed Program Specifications, so I gave up looking for a pattern.

Does anyone know why it changed? Is there some legal reason?

If you haven't guessed by now, I don't really care about any of this, but Legal are on my case (pun intended) and I am at a dead end. I've a feeling that the people on this List have long memories and might be able to help.

A t D h V a A n N k C s E,

Andrew
Andrew Wilkinson