Thanks Bob!

If you are using sub-capacity WLC (in any flavor) then you can use the MSUs
from the SCRT reports you are sending to IBM to calculate the invoice for the
month just completed. For sites in the US my tool "LPAR Capacity and Software
Usage Analysis Software (LCS)" does calculate the resulting invoice to the
penny for commercial and GSA (government) customers.

If you are in another geography IBM may supply you with the prices for the
products you are using and those can be entered into LCS and then LCS can
calculate these other invoices. Sites have done this in Switzerland, United
Kingdom, Australia, Canada and perhaps more.

LCS fully understand aggregation of PricingPlexes and both MLC and IPLA
products. We also provide XLS tools that can calculate the prices if you want
to estimate future MSUs. As Kees pointed out the future is easier to understand
if you are using capping.

A site with good, mature, reliable  capacity planning, is probably focused on
the hardware. The Hardware MSUs may not be the same as the software MSUs, but
that would provide an "upper bound" estimate of future software prices.
Software MSUs is not necessarily the same as SCRT's calculated four hour
rolling average either.

--
Al Sherkow, I/S Management Strategies, Ltd.
Consulting Expertise on IBM Workload License Charges (WLC),