Thanks for the tip, Kolusu; it worked great!

Now, I was trying to create a second command file, without that last comma and
field. For example, the statements you gave me created
-UTL COPY,TABLE,B400-TRANHIST(0003),HST0400A

and for the second file, I need
-RPT FIELD,TABLE,B400-TRANHIST(0003)

How easy is it to omit the last 9 chars (the comma plus the HST0400A)? I was
thinking that I could use a "1" and "2" indicator to create the Build I need,
and then only select the OUTFIL/OUTREC for the command file I am building - is
that the best approach (every selected record will create both command files)?

And finally, I had wanted to print out the report in its entirety that I use
for SORTIN. I tried to add a simple OUTFILE for SORTOUT, but it only had the
reformatted input. Is there a way to do that here, or will I need a separate
Gener step?

In total, I am trying to create three output files:
1. The command file with UTL COPY (which I have)
2. The command file with RPT FIELD
3. The original input file.

Don