Are we violating the "no reminiscing" rule?

What's the latest that people still used punched cards and/or paper tape?

In the 80's I worked at a photofinishing plant that still used punched cards
and paper tape as part of the processing work flow. Punched cards were put in
the processing envelope pouch, were updated at when the number of prints was
determined, and fed the billing system at the end. Paper tape was used to
control the which negatives were reprinted or enlarged.