Correct. Tony supplied what you need. A VTAM APL is for applications, like
CICS and TSO, or for things that emulate terminals in software running
under VTAM, like NetView Access or TPX. The OSA-ICC is, as far as VTAM is
concerned, nothing more than a hardware 3270; all of the TCP/IP magic is in
the firmware, below the level where VTAM sees or cares about it.

On Wed, Nov 15, 2023 at 9:04 PM Michael Babcock <bigironp...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> So you are saying I don’t need a VTAM APPL statement with an LU defined?
>
> On Wed, Nov 15, 2023 at 7:47 PM Jay Maynard <jaymayn...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > A VTAM APPL is used for a program. The OSA-ICC looks to VTAM like a plain
> > old 3270 terminal. The LU definition that mentions the device number is
> the
> > only LU definition you need, or can have.
> >
> > On Wed, Nov 15, 2023 at 6:47 PM Michael Babcock <bigironp...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > We have an OSA-ICC connection set up as a 3270 session type.   The LU
> > Name
> > > in that definition is TERM140.  The CUA is B400.    We have a 3270
> > session
> > > defined with the proper IP and the same LU Name of TERM140.    This all
> > > works as expected.  My question is that I thought a VTAM APPL with an
> > > LUNAME of TERM140 was required but I do not see a TERM140 defined in
> VTAM
> > > at all.   I’m not a network guy.   Since this is working, I assume it’s
> > not
> > > required.   Can someone enlighten me?

> > > For IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions,
> > > send email to lists...@listserv.ua.edu with the message: INFO IBM-MAIN
> > >

> > --
> > Jay Maynard

Jay Maynard