Ed,

no problem - re: the video

what was done:

Compile on zOS with HLASM and VSE-macros. Then lnkedt on VSE and debugged with TRAPPER on VSE.

For a free installation go here: http://vmworkshop.org/martin

Martin

Am 13.12.23 um 15:03 schrieb Ed Jaffe:
On 12/11/2023 10:49 AM, Ed Jaffe wrote:
On 12/11/2023 2:31 AM, Martin Trübner wrote:

well, I have a SOC4 - dump is in private mail

I was afraid of that.

This turned out to be a stupid compilation error on my part.

VSE has emulation of MVS control blocks and macros. To use this emulation, you must compile against the VSE-provided macro library. I had forgotten to do that.

Naturally, any program compiled against native z/OS macros will abend in VSE (and vice versa). The same is true with CMS.

Martin reports all is well now with FLOWASM on VSE. He sent me a short video using his excellent full-screen HLASM debugger (TRAPPER) to prove it. Just for fun, I uploaded that as well. (Hope you don't mind, Martin...)

-r--r--r-- 1 phoenixs ftpadmin 71187616 Dec 13 05:55 flowasm-TRAPPER.mp4
-r--r--r-- 1 phoenixs ftpadmin   320880 Dec 13 05:43 flowasm.xmi
-r--r--r-- 1 phoenixs ftpadmin    95922 Dec 13 05:43 flowasm.zip