Hi Charles,

This may not be what you are looking for, but as I recall it's pretty cool:

https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/record-generator/3.0?topic=what-is-record-generator-java

Along with generating Java mapping classes, you can also spit out XML
descriptions.

I haven't looked at this in a long time and I'm not 100% sure that IBM provided
DSECTS, but I think that they did.  I looked and can't find them either.

Kirk Wolf
Dovetailed Technologies
http:// <http://dovetail.com>coztoolkit.com

PS> When it comes to mapping Cobol records in C, you'll find that the basic
stuff isn't hard, but the weird stuff is a nightmare.