There are some MVS commands that are hard to understand how and why they
were created. What bothers me is the fact that the input of the commands
that modify MVS behavior allows input from private dataset. These are the
first commands I am trying when I do a pentest...
For example:
*SETLOAD* allows on-the-fly change of parmlib concatenation using a dataset
that is not part of the parmlib concatenation itself. for example: SETLOAD
03,PARMLIB,DSN=sys4.relson
TCPCIP *OBEY* command allows specification of TCPIP configuration from a
private library.

How frequent do you use these commands (if ever) and how do you identify
the use (assuming that the commands are protected by your ESM). I wonder
why IBM allows such a scenario.

ITschak

ITschak Mugzach
*|** IronSphere Platform* *|* *Information Security Continuous Monitoring
for z/OS, x/Linux & IBM I **| z/VM coming soon  *