You originally asked about the syntax error message.
The syntax of the command used was incorrect, and I think the syntax error
message was pretty reasonable.
<snip>
F HZSPROC,ADDREPLACE,CHECK=(IBMUSS,USS_HFS_DETECTED),USS=YES

ASA101I SYNTAX ERROR: <END-OF-LINE> WAS SEEN, WHERE ONE OF 826
(CHECKROUTINE DATE EXEC INTERVAL
REASON SEVERITY)
WOULD BE CORRECT.
DETECTING MODULE IS HZSIPMX<snip>
It is telling you that it reached the end of the command, and you had omitted
something required, which depending on what you were doing would be one of the
keywords mentioned.
But you should not be trying to "add" the check, because you have no idea how
to do so.
And you cannot "enable" a check by a command; you have to address the problem
by fixing the environmental problem. As you show the problem is that the system
does not think that you have USS enabled (or at least that was the case when
the check ran). You will have to determine why that is the case. If USS is
enabled, you might have to ask that the check be run again (its default
interval is 24 hours; I don't recall if checks disabled waiting for USS get run
automatically if USS becomes enabled).
Those who suggested "E" or "Enable" might have been thinking of activate
(rather than enable).

Peter Relsonz/OS Core Technology Design