On Sat, 3 Feb 2024 16:20:54 +0000, Rob Scott wrote:

>The desire to avoid dubbing was purely down to requiring an OMVS segment for
>the SDSF user.

Hadn't there long been default UID, and later automatic unique UID?  But those
might have
wisely been defined lacking privileges needed by SDSF.

Our site had earlier had widespread Solaris, and our admin replicated
the Solaris UIDs.  Perhaps even, "Request a Solaris ID and we'll copy it."
One brave user NFS mounted his Solaris home directory for ~.

>Of course, in today's environment decades later,  this seems a rather quaint
>reluctance as you can't do much on z/OS without one.

Still, fixing a defect in SDSF shouldn't require RFE.  WAD is insufficient
excuse.

--
gil