Thanks. I got BPXMTEXT working, added to SYSPROC. But first I invoked it the
hard way, via:
TSO EXEC 'SYS1.SBPXEXEC(BPXMTEXT)' '7663730C'

I was confused: never having seen the output, and not knowing what caused
7663730C, the output:
TCPIP
JRNetAccessDenied: The user is not permitted to communicate with the specified
network.

Action: If access to the specified network is required, the user must be
permitted to the appropriate SAF resource

...made me think I'd invoked the wrong thing. No, stupid, that's what error
7663730C means!!! Must be a Monday.