Shmuel asked:
>How do containers in the cloud differ from containers on the
>mainframe? How difficult is it to provision a new z/VM virtual machine
>with contemporary software? ow much is just different coverage in the
>in-flight magazines versus substantive benefits of the cloud?

Just checking: are you considering a z/VM VM (z/VM??) a container? I wouldn't
argue with that, just checking.

Anyway, it's.different. While z/VM has the "pool" concept, it's not quite the
same as "just fire up another container". But at not-too-high an altitude, I'd
say they were very much the same.

Acourse the IBM zSystems MIPS are still more expensive.