On Sun, 18 Feb 2024 21:50:07 -0600, Peter Farley wrote:

>There is an entire sub-section in the PoOps in the Control chapter
>(SA22-7832-13, pp. 4-51 et al., starting most of the way down the second
>column of that page) about the monotonicity guarantees for STCK{E/F}, even on
>multiple CPU's.  I commend it to your reading.

Without trying to read every word, I trust them when they say,
• The values stored by any of the following sequence of
  instructions always correctly imply the sequence of
  execution of these instructions by one or more CPUs for
  all cases where the sequence can be discovered by the program:

>    ... independent of the language of the calling routine.  ...

LISP?

--
gil