From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU> on behalf of
Robert Prins <000005be6ef5bfea-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu>
Sent: Thursday, February 22, 2024 12:30 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: [Very much off-topic] Re: AI is the real deal.

AI?

More AS!

This is on LinkedIn, it's AI generated and you can probably sue them for
jaw-dislocation due to excessive laughter:

<
https://www.linkedin.com/advice/0/how-can-developers-take-ownership-bugs-skills-system-development-x9cve

On Wed, 21 Feb 2024 at 23:37, Dave Beagle <
00000525eaef6620-dmarc-requ...@listserv.ua.edu> wrote:

> Well, today was NVIDIA earnings day. They are the bellwether for AI.
> Theirs is the premier AI chip commanding top dollar. And they didn’t
> disappoint. Their revenues are up 400% in the last year. To 22 billion in
> the latest quarter. They’ve got another chip on tap this year which should
> continue the incredible growth. If you had invested $10,000 five years ago,
> you’d have earned 2000%, and would have $200,000. If you had
> invested $10,000 ten years ago, you’d have earned over 16,465%. And have
> 1.65 million. AI is only in its infancy. It will be bigger than the
> internet. Microsoft, META, Google, and nearly every IT company is
> betting big on AI. That spending will continue. NVIDIA’s market cap is
> approaching 2 trillion.  It’s now the 3rd largest company in the world by
> market cap. (Behind Microsoft & Apple) To think AI is just a passing fad is
> foolish.

Robert AH Prins
robert(a)prino(d)org
The hitchhiking grandfather
<https://secure-web.cisco.com/14iGWxJaqsbYiPwXLtM8f1bA0qLxRkkn6wCZZpAejX_EW8Bl0rXwy6HIuNWW1AKWLzjBhJ0rQ6MkfqL3v94WCi7ocDruMf1sWekXEKZdjX4dxfCCCrS9o4i8cCY6WSbRkzSmSVXi7ms3W0p15tDJEI1YXqLjZ2qipin2muU5SQ1-2Es5NDB9G8qwaK2zc0nt9M7sx41DrmiZYI3ntekJ5EOIouAvq5CfG1nlCbgPognoafD3FAIxIiE6L8WDEMaU3YoftP9fo5rOTkxdrQLV-pOqjYBsS4IlCjw7KE-I_Bm5Z7gnXO2uOXIp2zp_ZPGwMe2EzsWgjgVQELN8oQz0sWWXRz77OE1apcOQVv1yh2cDXwbHbzlSCzKJZs30THpWKFBb4UfRetPpJ0brezPr65okoA0MqhwGuDQxpUEZBouo/https%3A%2F%2Fprino.neocities.org%2Findex.html>
Some REXX code for use on z/OS
<https://secure-web.cisco.com/1KGTuJL5FNk7Ol00-RSImmFxCzyrNaAvQIKFtAfOlNdQNAwInzZeiM9vc1JS2phc2tM2veAavej8BKY_OXU3aGcvQzjTbi6hqzIPPXH5sCgWnR1Ibds0hb9vp-qaVTkXQWN1uQwHvxzLZjLKtXTt0haTS3Ny-x-BKb1crR4LlDZVzW2uwZF9RAZX01BruvzZYW9hbrfHXDwbX0SquWpnPo4KZN6zHSYAVRy10DhHqPOPk1M0QyIrI8VHNAoyugyU3pHKuJOoqm-83m9Kt3WPRGFPuTpBsy5nCSfXfAHMl4kwu7WKEVm1JlenhdQS5S4WeIsCIzfOwc2C5UQGTeSXtmMfo9LiJ1IE3N2tdOo4a41tdMzeodGrJ7kZjFJ96VnR4OLGZwrXYjGlDVQpTndNs3tt5stM1WDa1A1EP6NperpQ/https%3A%2F%2Fprino.neocities.org%2FzOS%2FzOS-Tools.html>