(Cross-posted to MVS-OE.) A little more information on the IBM z/OS Container
Platform is now available here:

https://www.ibm.com/support/z-content-solutions/zos-container-platform/

Here’s my quick functional summary of some related offerings:

  *   IBM z/OS Container Extensions: runs containerized Linux applications on
z/OS
  *   OpenShift on z/OS (“zCX Foundation for Red Hat OpenShift”): runs
containerized Linux applications on z/OS with advanced provisioning,
clustering, orchestration, and management
  *   IBM z/OS Container Platform: runs containerized z/OS UNIX™️ applications
  *   Statement of Direction announced with the IBM z/OS Container Platform:
“Kubernetes orchestration support”
  *   IBM z/OS Cloud Broker: allows OpenShift environments to provision and
orchestrate z/OS-hosted services, including “classic” services

Yes, IBM is introducing an Open Container Initiative (OCI)-compliant container
image standard for z/OS UNIX applications. The IBM z/OS Container Platform (IBM
Program No. 5655-MC3) should be Generally Available on March 15, 2024. The full
documentation should also be available on that date.

I understand IBM publicly demonstrated (for the first time) the IBM z/OS
Container Platform at SHARE about 12 hours ago as I write this. Any first
person reports?

—————
Timothy Sipples
Senior Architect
Digital Assets, Industry Solutions, and Cybersecurity
IBM Z/LinuxONE, Asia-Pacific
sipp...@sg.ibm.com